Jamie and Marina of Funkastrology were kind enough to nominate Astrology Expressed for the Kreative Blogger Award. They’re doing some cutting-edge work on their site, you might want to check it out and join the debate. It’s always good fun to stretch a mental muscle.
First things first: If you’ve been nominated, here are the rules:
- Copy/paste the Kreativ Blogger Award picture onto your blog
- Thank the person who awarded it to you and post a link to her/his blog
- Write 7 things about yourself we do not know
- Choose 7 other bloggers to award
- Link to them
- Notify your 7 bloggers of their award
It’s never easy to pick only a limited number of blogs. There are so many good ones out there. My favorites can be found on my blogroll. But recently, I’ve found some new blogs that add to my day. Here they are:
1. The astrological world owes a lot to Donna Cunningham. Although she is now retired from active work as an astrologer, her books still help many. I bought some myself recently. Plus, she is a prolific and active blogger. Check her out at Sky Writer.
2. I first came across Michael O’Reilly’s work a decade ago. And even now, my week is not complete without his NewsScope. You can find him at the NeptuneCafe.
3. Are you familiar with Dawn Bodrogi’s work? I stumbled upon it recently and for astrology readers, it is nothing short of a gold mine. Her very impressive blog is called The Inner Wheel.
4. This is how Alice describes her blog, “A novice’s take on a life suffused with astrological themes.” She’s very good and she’s very funny. Click here if you want to go to AliceStrology.
5. How is it that astrology attracts such fine writers? I don’t know; I’m just glad it does. You want something a little different, a little dramatic and yet astrologically sound? Then you want Dark Sun Astrology.
6. You know, I don’t worry too much about the future of astrology. Because there are some very fine minds working in this field. Nick Dagan Best, Chris Brennan and Patrick Watson, you do us all proud. They have more than one blog, and you should really look those up. The Celebrity Astrology Blog is just one of them, I’ve linked with here because it’s the most fun.
7. I do read non-astrology stuff online, but there is only one non-astrology blog that I follow faithfully. The writer has dedicated it to “writing and bad habits.” It’s hard to resist, you know? Meet BWoz Daily.
Oh, boy! I almost forgot! Seven things about me you don’t know? I think there should be a stipulation that one be drunk when one writes these. The apple juice I’m having doesn’t quite cut it, you know? ::takes a sip:: Well, here goes:
- I’m five feet tall. Or five feet short, if you want to be mean.
- I hate contact lenses. I have a box full of them that I never use.
- I carry half a kilogram of makeup in my bag. I never use that, either.
- I judge people by how stimulating their conversation is.
- If you’re a cat or a yellow flower or a man with a dulcet voice, chances are I’m going to want you.
- Illness brings out the best in me, I should have been a nurse.
- O Fortuna from Carmina Burana is my favorite piece of music.